OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging position working with computers in
your company for the summer.
EDUCATION: Middle College High School @ Medgar Evers College
402 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(Expected Graduation Date: June, 1999)
Liberty Partnership Program (LPP) Tutoring and Rap Sessions
Received academic help and participated in open discussions about current issues
Metropolitan Institute of Networking Technology
Jersey City, N.J.
May 1996 - August 1996
Introduction to Computer Networking
- Youth Entrepreneur Store @ Harlem Y.M.C.A. June 1998 - Sept.
Supervisor of Sales - managed sales clerks, inventory,
and made requests for new products and merchandise.
- African Islamic Mission's CyberLounge - Brooklyn, NY Oct. 1997 - Dec. 1998
- Computer Instructor -- teaching adults the basics of Windows '95
and also teaching children from ages 5-14 about the basic functions of a computer,
movements of the mouse and keyboard, designing short documents, and accessing the
- P.C. Networking Technician -- designed and implemented LANs for Windows NT Server and
Workstation, installed and configured PCs for TCP/IP and IPX, troubleshooting all network
problems, and wiring Ethernet networks
- Met Group Incorporated -- Networking Consulting Company
Jersey City, N.J. Nov. 1997 - May 1998
P.C. Networking Technician -- designed and implemented LANS and WANS for
IPX & IP, installed and configured 3Com and CISCO Routers, installed and configured
SNA/TCP/IP Gateways, have done Punchdown for token-ring, ethernet, SNA, modems, DSU's,
installation of circuits, configured modems and DSU's, NIC (Network Interface Cards), PC's
for TCP/IP and IPX, installed and Configured Netware 3.12/4.1, and troubleshooting all
- Knowledge of computer software (Windows '98, DOS, WordPerfect, Microsoft Office, Windows
NT 4.0 Workstation, and Windows NT 4.0 Server)
- Knowledge of computer hardware (motherboard, processors, hard drive etc.)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking (LANs, WANs, Novell, & Windows NT)
HOBBIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Participate as a student at L.P.P. tutoring and at Talent Search
- Troubleshoot and Repair Personal Computers
- Play basketball as an activity
REFERENCES: Will be made available upon request.